Place your donation in your own name or on behalf of a loved one
Your sharia compliant Qurbani animals are purchased sustainably from local farmers.
We work in marginalised regions of the world providing a source of hope to the most vulnerable especially; Orphans, Widows, Refugees and the Destitute.
Our team will be conducting your Qurbani and distributing fresh meat to the most needy during the days of Eid-ul-Adha – 10th, 11th and 12th Dhul-Hijjah.
Thank you for trusting us with your Qurbani donations!
Qurbani – FAQs
- The animals are bought locally to sustain local farmers, reduce transport costs and any other costs.
- Place your order in your own name or on behalf of another with MWF
- Working in the most impoverished regions of the world in South Asia, East Africa and the Middle East.
- Send Qurbani to a family in need
- You can be sure that Fresh Meat is delivered during the three days of Eid.
It is Obligatory upon every sane, mature Muslim man and woman who meet the financial threshold. Simply anyone who is able to give Zakat should give Qurbani.
We have a team of expert local farmers and Islamic scholars who ensure your Qurbani is performed according to Shariah (Islamic law). The animals are bought from various farmers and are bought in advance, looked after and then sacrificed. You can choose the animal which you want to sacrifice:
- A cow or buffalo (which is divided into 7 parts, this is the minimum size of an animal as per shariah)
- A goat and sheep.
We ensure the animal is healthy and meets all the requirements of Islamic law.
MWF holds various collective Qurbani points across its areas of implementation; we have thousands of experience volunteers who spend their Eid days ensuring fresh meat reaches the poor:
- As soon as Eid prayers have been offered, our expert team oversees the beginning of the process of animals’ sacrifice.
- Meat is packed into bags and then delivered to location in which our field officers distribute meat to their local community.
- The second and third day of Eid-ul-Adha is in which we mainly distribute Qurbani meat to the beneficiary.
It is permissible and rewarding according to Prophetic traditions.
In a Hadith narrated by Sayyiduna Jaabir (May Allah be pleased with him) he reports that he read Eid-ul-Adha Prayer with the Prophet (Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him). After the Prayer a ram was bought to the Prophet (Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) which he sacrificed. As he did so he pronounced ‘In the name of Allah; Allah is the greatest. O Lord! This sacrifice is from myself and from whoever has not made a sacrifice from my Ummah’. (Musnad Ahmad ibn Hanbal).
So according to Prophetic traditions you can give Qurbani on behalf of loved one and those that have passed away. MWF includes all the names in a collective prayer.
Minhaj Welfare Foundation assess the local situation on the ground, we provide meat to the following:
- The Aged to the disabled
- Those affected in the disaster areas
- Our team visits the homes of old people
- We visit the ill in hospitals.
Qurbani is performed on the day of Eid-ul-Adha on the 10th, 11th and 12th Dhul Hijjah (the final day is the 12th of Dhul-Hijjah before Mahgrib prayer). If we have received your donation or confirmation be ensured your Qurbani will be performed on the day of EID.
We take Qurbani’s till the 11th of Dhul-Hijjah and in certain circumstances we can take Qurbani till the morning of the 12th Dhul-Hijjah.
- Donate online on welfare.org.pk
- Call us at (+92) (0) 42 3516 8365
- Transfer the money into the MWF account;Bank Name: United Bank Limited (UBL)
Account Name: Minhaj Welfare Foundation
Account No.: 0109 0002 7491 6074
Branch Code: UNIL
IBAN No.: PK69 UNIL 0109 0002 7491 6074
Swift Code (BIC): UNILPKKA
Bank Address: State Live Building 1 II Chundrigar Road, Karachi 74000, Pakistan
- Cash drop off location: Minhaj Welfare Foundation, 366 M Model Town
Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org